The Workshop location is the “Casa de la Convalescència” (Convalescence House), a Modernist building (art noveau) built by the famous architect Domenech i Muntaner that is currently a conference facility that Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona restored at the Barcelona city centre (close to Gaudi's Sagrada Familia). The building has a plenary room (up to 180 people) and other small rooms (up to 70 people each) next to the main room. Internet access is provided by WIFI connection. Corridors can host 30 poster panels approximately.
C/ Sant Antoni Maria Claret 171 08041 Barcelona
A limited number of bedrooms have been booked and guaranteed until the 15 March, please submit the form directly to the chosen hotel as soon as possible by FAX (Credit Card details required). The reservation will be confirmed upon availability on a first-come first-served basis. You should pay the bill directly to the hotel on departure.
Hotel Ayre Roselló ****
C/ Roselló 390, 08025, Barcelona
Fax: +34 93 6009201
1.2 km, 14 minutes walking distance
Hotel Confortel Bel Art ****
C/ Lepant, 406, 08025, Barcelona
Fax: +34 93 433 43 69
1 km, 13 minutes walking distance
Hotel Amrey Sant Pau**
C/Sant Antoni Maria Claret, 171, 08041, Barcelona
Fax:+34 93 433 41 51
55 m, 38 seconds walking distance
Access to Casa Convalescència
Yellow line (L4) - GUINARDÓ – HOSPITAL DE SANT PAU station Blue line (L5) - SANT PAU – DOS DE MAIG station.
Lines: 15, 19, 20, 45, 47, 50, 51, 92 and 192.
For the GPS
Introduce the following coordinates: Latitude: 41.413702 (41° 24' 49.33'' N) Longitude: 2.177482 (2° 10' 38.94'' E).
From the airport Terminal 1
* Bus: Outside the airport terminal, take the AEROBUS direct to Plaça Catalunya (6 EUR). Walk one corner till Plaça Urquinaona (distance of 400 meters, north-est. direction) and take the Underground's yellow line (L4) to GUINARDÓ - HOSPITAL DE SANT PAU station.
* Bus: Outside the airport terminal, take the BUS 46 direct to Plaça Espanya and take the Underground's red line (L1) till URQUINAONA station and then take the yellow line (L4) to GUINARDÓ - HOSPITAL DE SANT PAU station.
* Train: Take T1/T2 BUS (free) to go to Terminal 2.
From the airport Terminal 2
* Train:. At the RENFE station, take the train to Sants-Estació (all trains go to Sants-Estació; one train every 30 minutes, 3 stops). Once there, take the Underground's blue line (L5) till SANT PAU - DOS DE MAIG station.
* Bus: Outside the airport terminal, take the AEROBUS direct to Plaça Catalunya (6 EUR). Walk one corner till Plaça Urquinaona (distance of 300 meters, north-est. direction) and take the Underground's yellow line (L4) to GUINARDÓ - HOSPITAL DE SANT PAU station.
If you are going to take the Train we strongly recommend you to buy a T10 integrated card that will allow you to do 10 trips for just 8EUR that can combine train-metro-bus in the same one and a half hour (AEROBUS excluded). You can by this at the Airport Train Station.
Lunches and Social dinner
Lunch will be provided (sponsored by CREAF) on 15th and 16th (GEPW). Restaurants are available nearby for the 17th, 18th and 19th (parallel events). The social dinner will be held at the Restaurant Marina Moncho's. It is located at the seaside of Barcelona Olimpic port.